Sunday, June 29, 2014

The BEST pancakes and waffles EVER!

I am a sucker for a big plate of fluffy pancakes dripping with maple syrup...thinking about getting up from typing this to go make some right now. But I will contain myself and share with you my 'go-to' recipe that can be used for either pancakes or waffles.

Every time I make these for company they leave with a recipe, they are that good.

It's something I started doing about a year ago, when we decided to simplify our life and our diet. If I can make something from scratch easily, I do. I won't lie, it's not as simple as adding water and shaking, but I do guarantee that you will be satisfied by knowing all of the ingredients in the recipe and that there are no preservatives!!




This morning the Lumberjack requested waffles instead of our usual Sunday morning pancakes, YUM!

This recipe is doubled so that we can have left overs to re-heat for tomorrow morning.

3 cups all purpose flour (I use unbleached, un-enriched)
7 teaspoons Baking powder
2 teaspoons sugar
1/8 teaspoon of salt
3 cups milk
2 eggs
6 teaspoons of melted butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Mix all dry ingredients together.
Add wet ingredients to dry, just make sure not to add the hot butter directly on the eggs (it could slightly cook them.)

This makes about 10-16 pancakes, depending on size and 7-10 waffles.  ENJOY!

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment